Journey into Pulse Diagnosis
with Andrea Alcici, M.Ac, Dipl.Ac (NCCA)
This lecture will provide an overview of an ancient Chinese family system of pulse diagnosis, not previously taught in the US, including practical instruction in palpating and interpreting key pulse characteristics.
1. Introduction describing my background and training and that of my revered teachers.
2. Explanation of how I developed methods to "map" the path on learning this technique and presentation of a pulse graphic as a tool to learn this method.
3. Technique demonstration: . At this point we will break into pairs and I will teach and correct hands-on positioning in pulse reading and three significant pulse characteristic to pay attention to
4. Discussion and answering questions.
● The participants will take home with them a new method of using the pulse to collect data about their patients' constitution, not accessible using other forms of diagnosis.
● For learning purposes we will start by learning to look in the pulse to find evidence of pre-existing conditions. For example: knowing our study partner has stomach pain, we will learn to recognize what we feel in the pulse that reflects that.
● Teach 3 important key tips to take home and use immediately in clinical practice: the significance of weakness in the triple burner, heart and lung pulses.
● How to use the pulse to identify a root treatment and how to distinguish root or constitutional conditions vs. symptomatic presentations on the pulse
OAAOM - PO Box 14615 - Portland, OR 97293 - 503-893-5993 - email@example.com